Client and Community Engagement Training
Over the past few years, through our work with the 1000 Out of Poverty partners, ongoing meeting with case managers, and community leaders, we have learned invaluable lessons on the opportunities and barriers that exist to lift people out of poverty. These challenges range from strict funding criteria, to lack of time, resources, and to the overall complexity of poverty.
One of the challenges that case managers identified was the need for ongoing training to help them better address the needs of their clients. As such, Step Up Silicon Valley, in partnership with Economic Development Services of CCSCC, will provide a three-part training series over the next several months facilitated by Larry Robbins of Robbin & Associates. These training series are holistic and build on each other to equip case managers with the tools they need to effectively serve clients.
- The Rules of Engagement! How to Help People in Poverty Become More Engaged with Your Program and It’s Services.
Tuesday, September 12th, 2017
Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
- You Can Be a Change Agent! How to Increase Motivation to Change In the People You Serve
Tuesday, December 5th, 2017
County of Santa Clara – Social Services Agency, San Jose
- It Takes a Village! How to Develop a Seamless and Powerful Referral System Community to Help People Succeed
Wednesday, February 28th, 2018
Our Lady of Peace, Santa Clara
For more information on the Case Management Training, contact Angela Silveira at email@example.com
Past topics include:
Motivational Interview Training
Who Should Attend
Client Care Specialists, Community Outreach Workers, Employment Specialists, Job Developers, Case Managers, Service Providers, Social Workers, Counselors, Teachers, Resource Coordinators, Crisis Intervention Staff, Workforce Program Staff and others that want to help people the people they serve.
- Tuesday, September 12th, 2017
- Tuesday, December 5th, 2017
- Thursday, February 28th, 2018